Saturday, July 4, 2009

Money in general

Hello World,

Welcome to my blog about my journey toward better personal financial management for a more comfortable retirement. I am currently in my mid 30's and like most of you, trying to figure out the best strategy to save as much money as I can each month so that I can invest my money for growth. I have a regular job that pays me a regular salary each month. I have a young family and my goal is to be able to afford to pay for my children's education and have enough money to retire comfortably. We all have goals. It's just a matter of who's willing to put the work in to make it happen.

I once heard that a "Job" is another word for "just above broke." Quite interesting and true when you see that after paying your bills each month, you hardly have much left for fun activities let along savings and investing. If you're in the same boat as I am, I ask that you visit regularly so that we can take the journey together to better understand our finances so that we can enjoy a more comfortable retirement.

I will make regular updates and would like to start with the basics such as a personal/family budget, then moving toward savings and investing to maximize our money's potential to grow. I hope you'll find my blog interesting and I look forward to hearing from everyone who visits so that I can learn from you as well.

The first link I'd like to present is toward the show "Til Debt Do Us Part" on Slice TV. I think this show is quite effective in that it shows the viewers how to manage their everyday finances by utilizing the glass jars. We all get in the bad habit of using our credit cards like we have endless amount of cash. Well, this technique by Gail Vaz-Oxlade, the host of the show, is quite effective. I haven't tried her techinque yet but I would love to hear from you if you have. I have been fortunate to not have credit card debt and have been using a personal budget for some time now. So far it's working out quite nicely. I am trying to figure out how to post my budget template as I would like to share it with you. If you know how to post something, please let me know.

If you aren't aware of the show, I've provide a link at the top so have a look and let me know your thoughts.

I look forward to our journey together.


No comments:

Post a Comment